Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.64.0 Delayed because of Microsoft (version numbers)
From: Bo Persson (bop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-21 20:08:56

On 2017-03-21 19:30, Olaf van der Spek via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Bo Persson via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> That's what we get for having large corporations.
>
> What is the (real) problem though?
> Everything has been known for months.

Some people didn't want to touch this because the software wasn't
officially released. Now it is, and the problems remain. The same people
seems like they don't want to believe this, but denial doesn't help.

With a large corporation, like Microsoft, some problems are not
engineering problems that we perhaps can understand. There will also be
seemingly irrational things like showing a preview of a product called
"15", then stamping the box with "2017", while the engineers versioned
it v141.

I haved worked for such organisations too. Shit happens!

    Bo Persson