Subject: Re: [boost] Attn: New Boost library policy text ready for approval
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-21 20:09:29

> The new procedure would be, the library author posts to the list, the
> first Boost member who endorses the library creates an issue for the
> library, additional endorsements are posted as comments on that issue. The
> Review Wizard, being the owner of the repo, receives notifications for
> each and can respond in the issue, if needed.
>
> That is, all the communication that is relevant for a particular
> submission reaches the Review Wizard without him having to read the Boost
> list, or relying on people notifying him via private e-mail.

It occurs to me that this would also work for the actual reviews of the
library. Those could be posted as comments on the issue as well. (Or in a
"Review: libname" issue distinct from the "Submission: libname" one, to
avoid clutter.)

This would be much easier on the review manager who currently needs to scan
the high-volume Boost list in order to collect the reviews. With the issue
system, all reviews would already have been collected in one convenient
place.