Subject: Re: [boost] Attn: New Boost library policy text ready for approval
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-21 23:06:10

> Thanks Niall for putting this together! A few comments:
>
> * "Otherwise, you will just end up wasting everyone's time." This
> sentence is a bit abrasive. I suggest striking it.
> * "If what you really want is a site that will just post your library
> without even looking at it, you should go elsewhere." likewise
> * "and the emotional demands of a formal review" likewise. If you want
> to give the reader a heads up about the ego-crushing force of
> critiques by brilliant people, I would probably word it differently.

These three are from the original page before this round of editing.
It's possible I wrote them once, I'd have to check the history as I've
changed that page quite a few times. But I also may not have done.

You make a valid point though. One of my aims was to make the page more
inclusive and welcoming and encouraging. The above could be better worded.

> * "Too often" . . . this sounds a bit rantish.

Good catch.

> Actually, I think I'll stop here for now. I like the idea of this and I
> think you've got a lot of good ideas in here. The wording needs a little
> TLC IMHO. Would you be willing to let me take a stab at massaging it a bit?

If you're volunteering, then rock on, I would find that very helpful.

I've pushed the current draft to my fork of boostorg/website and you can
find it at
https://github.com/ned14/website/commit/50a9b67aa14dba610a81c1b7542a3bbf8abb97a8.
This also provides a diff for those interested in that. I've invited you
@camio to collaborate on that repo, it should give you commit and push
access.

Once you've made your changes I can pull them onto
boost-website.nedprod.com so we can all see them here for review.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting