Subject: Re: [boost] Clang 4.0.0 MPL error in Boost next.hpp and prior.hpp
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-25 23:37:45

Edward Diener wrote:
On 3/25/2017 12:46 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> > Well given that BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC=0 works at least some of the
> > time and BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC=1 never works, it seems to me that the
> > choice is a rather easy one and does not depend on any predefined
> > macros.
>
> I am not sure what you are saying here:
>
> 1) Are you saying that turning off BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC for clang
> targeting VC++ allows that compiler to work with BoostPP ?
>
> 2) Are you saying that turning off BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC for clang
> targeting VC++, allows that compiler to work with BoostPP
> when -fno-ms-compatibility is defined ?
>
> 3) 2) Are you saying that turning off BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC for clang
> targeting VC++, allows clang/C2 to work with BoostPP
> when -fno-ms-compatibility is defined ?

I'm telling you 3)2), yes, at least for this simple MPL program I tested.

If I could get b2 to work with Clang/C2, I would have run the tests, but I'm
not sure I can do that.

I'm also telling you that since BOOST_PP_VARIADICS_MSVC=1 never works with
any Clang, there is perhaps no reason to ever set it to 1 regardless of what
Clang it is and what options have been defined.