Subject: Re: [boost] Clang 4.0.0 MPL error in Boost next.hpp and prior.hpp
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-26 17:38:34

On 3/26/2017 12:10 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> How did you get just clang.jam to work ? Doesn't it need VC++ support
>> when using clang-cl ?
>
> I installed LLVM 4.0 in C:\LLVM and put
>
> using clang : 4.0 :
> "C:/LLVM/bin/clang.exe" :
> <compileflags>-fmsc-version=1910 <linkflags>-fuse-ld=lld ;
>
> in my user-config.jam. It found my VS 2017 installation by itself. There
> was no need to use the developer command prompt or put anything into PATH.

That works fine for the Boost PP tests. I will have to try it with other
libraries, like MPL, but hopefully it is an answer to Paul's original
problem using my latest Boost PP fix on 'develop'.

I also tried invoking clang-cl instead of clang++, but it failed
miserably because it did was not able to process the options generated
by the clang-linux.jam file.