Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] diagnosing a missing [endsect]?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-27 08:55:42

On 22 March 2017 at 03:00, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Not sure you should bother with that; I doubt that anyone uses 8.0 any
> longer (which is 2005 by the way, 2008 is 9.0). I'll bump my default to
> something modern.

FWIW I installed 2005 but couldn't get it to compile. There's an error
in spirit, which is a bit odd, as it's the original spirit which
hasn't changed. Seemed to work fine with 2008, but I've changed it (in
develop) to not use wide streams for older versions of Visual C++
anyway. I probably should change it to filter out any UTF-8
characters, but they're quite rare in this context, so it should be
mostly okay for now.