Subject: [boost] [Stacktrace] Review 2 Manager report
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-30 06:54:01
Many thanks to all those who participated in the second review of
proposed Boost.Stacktrace. I received the following formal reviews:
1. Peter Dimov (ACCEPT)
2. Vladimir Batov (ACCEPT)
3. Artyom Bellis (CONDITIONAL ACCEPT)
4. Bjorn Reese (ACCEPT)
5. Edward Diener (ACCEPT)
Extensive comments without a formal recommendation were also made by:
1. Mark Bartosik
2. Florian Weimer
Some of the more important conditions for acceptance as judged by the
review manager are:
* Problems on FreeBSD (and by inference OS X?).
* Per frame execution of addr2line rather than calling it once.
* Throw-with-trace was asked for by a lot of people.
* One reviewer suggested that the addr2line backend was async signal
unsafe. My reading of the code is that it is async signal unsafe to
parse a stacktrace (and unavoidably so on any platform), but the capture
of backtraces is now fully async signal safe.
* Some disliked the bringing in of windows.h and the COM headers on
Windows. For a header only library I consider this acceptable,
Stacktrace when configured in non-header only mode does not inject
windows.h into everything including stacktrace.
Congratulations to Antony on getting yet another library of his
-- ned Productions Limited Consulting http://www.nedproductions.biz/ http://ie.linkedin.com/in/nialldouglas/
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk