Subject: Re: [boost] [simd] Hardware support
From: Joel FALCOU (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-08 14:56:54

On 08/04/2017 16:40, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> Sorry if this has been answered already but what is the incentive to
> evolve the Boost version instead of the commercial version (or both)?
> Boost libraries seem like they can be quite labor intensive to
> maintain, especially libraries targeting specific architectures; is
> there not a clear conflict of interest with respect to development
> time being split across a for-pay and a for-free version of the same
> library?

As I said, NumScale has no *short term* (first key point) intention into
releasing *their own implementation* (second key point) of some
architecture support.

If someone want to invest time into supporting some architectures, they
are free to do it and we'll give it a fair code review if they send us a
pull request.

Also consider that we daily end up patching the OS version because of
bugs raised from the behind the pay wall. Our issues list on github is
also full of stuff we want to do and we deemed that their support could
be done in the OS version.