Subject: Re: [boost] Mathias Gaunard / NumScale relationship
From: Bryce Adelstein Lelbach (balelbach_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-08 20:15:08

It's rare for me to make an appearance on this list (I'm more an IRC guy),
but
this will do it.

Joel Falcou wrote:
> Obviously I don't know how to send an email

I agree :).

Joel Falcou wrote:
> Some stuff were said and they probably should not have and I would
> appreciate
> they stay out of this actual review

I strongly agree.

Joel Falcou wrote:
> So let's finish this off publicly

No. I think it is best that we do not continue this discussion.

This mailing list is indexed and widely read. I think it is detrimental to
all
parties involved, and the Boost.SIMD library, to get into the details of
this
matter on this mailing list.

Joel Falcou write:
> I wish Mathias don't speak on our behalf in this issue as he has no actual
> claims to do so.

Let's assume that (a) Mathias Gaunard is not intentionally speaking on your
behalf; instead, assume that (b) some people were unaware that Mathias and
NumScale parted ways and thought that Mathias still represented NumScale.

I suspect this thread will be read by many people. So, now the community
will
know that Mathias Gaunard does not speak for NumScale or you.

Therefore, there should be nothing more to discuss. Your desire to ensure
that
the community does not believe Mathias is speaking on behalf of NumScale is
fulfilled.

There should be no need for further discussion.

TL;DR - I ask that this discussion end here and now. Let this thread die.

--
Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory