Subject: Re: [boost] [simd] Hardware support
From: Joel FALCOU (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-09 08:05:44

On 08/04/2017 23:57, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:

> 2. Whether Boost.SIMD will be properly maintained after acceptance
> given the commercial version. Things are less optimistic on this front
> - no concrete plans on supporting other architectures, but at least
> Joel promises to give fair consideration to pull requests. Whether
> that is acceptable or not the review will show.

Another point that occur to me is that: how much different is this
situation than with other existing library that has a different pace of
updates (like ASIO for ex.) than regular Boost and for which the
asymmetry between the current version in boost and the current free
standing version may be large but get fixed at some later point ?

In both case we have a software that lives following its own agenda then
get merged back into boost at some (ir)regular intervals.