Subject: Re: [boost] Boost licensing information
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-12 21:07:28

On 04/12/17 23:55, Niall Douglas via Boost wrote:

> I'm currently strongly considering placing Outcome and all my Boost like
> libraries under the EUPL licence. It far better matches the "Licence
> requirements" at http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html than
> the Boost licence does.

A license that is 7 A4 pages doesn't look like one that is "simple to
read and understand".

Also, from a cursory look, it doesn't seem to require to retain
copyright notices and the license in redistributed source code. There
may be other significant differences, which is difficult to learn
quickly because of that license volume and language.