Subject: Re: [boost] [review] **NEXT WEEK** Review of Outcome (starts Fri-19-May)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-14 14:56:49

On 14/05/2017 12:54, Glen Fernandes wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:
>>> The code has a "boost-lite" submodule. Is that part of the review?
>>
>> However if accepted then Outcome would gain a Boost.Build
>> veneer and be auto generated by script from the standalone Outcome same
>> as Boost.ASIO is, and so I figure none of that is in scope for this review.
>
> Any part of the implementation is in scope for the review, and if
> "Boost-lite" is not an already reviewed and accepted Boost library,
> then aren't reviewers allowed to review its implementation (since it
> is effectively part of the submission)?

About a year ago when I was considering whether to invest the
considerable effort to bring Outcome into a Boost ready form I asked
here about internal sublibraries.

Apparently some years ago they were common enough in submitted new Boost
libraries, and indeed some internal sublibraries went on to later become
Boost libraries in their own right.

We should proceed here with the Outcome review the same way as it was
with those preceding cases. Whatever the precedent is.

(I'm not sure what the exact precedent is, whomever knows for sure
please speak, but be aware that most of the dependency on boost-lite is
substitutable for Boost proper)

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting