Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] Fix with support for VS2017 Update 1
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-19 18:43:13

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> https://github.com/ned14/boost.outcome/tree/master_vs2017_fixed

Great thanks for updating this so quickly! Unfortunately, there's a
new problem. With the master branch I can generate .vcxproj files with
CMake, but I can no longer do that with the master_vs_2017_fixed
branch. The output of CMake is as follows:

---
$ cmake ..
-- Could NOT find PythonInterp (missing:  PYTHON_EXECUTABLE)
-- Reusing cached scan of project outcome ...
-- Found boost-lite depended upon by boost::outcome at embedded
include/boost/outcome/boo    st-lite
--   CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE =
-- Could NOT find PythonInterp (missing:  PYTHON_EXECUTABLE)
--   Reusing cached scan of project boost-lite ...
--   NOTE: NOT compiling header only library for boost-lite into a C++
Module nor a preco    mpiled header due to this project not providing
a master interface header file
-- NOTE: NOT compiling header only library for outcome into a C++
Module nor a precompile    d header due to this MSVC does not
sufficiently support C++ Modules, and MSVC cannot shar    e
precompiled headers between targets
CMake Warning at
include/boost/outcome/boost-lite/cmake/BoostLiteUtils.cmake:77
(message)    :
  NOT rebuilding precompiled edition of library due to python not being
  installed
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:40 (indented_message)
CMake Warning at
include/boost/outcome/boost-lite/cmake/BoostLiteUtils.cmake:77
(message)    :
  WARNING: .clang-tidy file found for project outcome, yet clang-tidy not on
  PATH so disabling lint pass
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  include/boost/outcome/boost-lite/cmake/BoostLiteMakeStandardTests.cmake:11
(indented_me    ssage)
  CMakeLists.txt:134 (include)
-- Creating non-default all target for special build outcome-sa
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
C:/Users/vinnie/lib/boost_1_64_0/libs/outcome/bin
I will see what I can do in order to get past this.