Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] Ternary logic -- need an example
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-20 14:32:24

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> All these things should come back as std::error_code. There's no HTTP
> message here on this layer to contain the status.

For this interface, I agree, but Bjorne made a blanket statement:

>When I perform an asynchronous HTTP operation that returns an error_code
>then I prefer that the error_code contains a unified response,

Obviously I don't agree with that; Beast has asynchronous HTTP
operations which return error_code, and they do not communicate the
response-status in that error_code. Nor should they, for the reasons
stated earlier.