Subject: Re: [boost] Request for endorsements for mp11
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-22 14:08:48

On 5/22/17 4:43 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Would anyone be so kind as to formally endorse mp11 as a candidate for
> Boost?
>
> As a reminder, mp11 is a simple C++11 metaprogramming library, available at
>
> https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/
>
> CSS-less documentation can be viewed at
>
> https://rawgit.com/pdimov/mp11/master/doc/html/mp11.html

I read this some time ago - and think it's great. At the same time
there is at least one other proposal which overlaps. And then there is
Hana. And truth is, I can't understand all the comparative
advantages/disadvantages of the various proposals. I would hope that we
find a way to discuss them as a set rather than being required to
approve/disapprove one a time. This latter would mean that the
selection of the "best" proposal would be affected by the order of
evaluation - not a good thing. I realize that there is a big risk that
this could/would likely turn into a rhetorical fiasco which would leave
us worse off, but still ...