Subject: Re: [boost] [config] C++17 macros wanted
From: Tal Lancaster (tal.lancaster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-26 19:59:15

> On May 26, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Glen Fernandes via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Friday, May 26, 2017, Tal Lancaster wrote:
>
>> I have been adding C++17 features to date_time. There are two config
>> macros, I would like to have:
>>
>> Test for C++17’s constexpr inline feature. Maybe call it something like:
>> BOOST_NO_CXX17_CONSTEXPR_INLINE
>> Test for C++17’s structured binding feature. Maybe call it something
>> like: BOOST_NO_CXX17_STRUCT_BIND
>>

> How soon do you need these available?
>
> (BOOST_NO_CXX17_STRUCTURED_BINDINGS and
> BOOST_NO_CXX17_INLINE_VARABLES seem better to me).

I was picking names that described the officialI usage. I am fine with the name alternate if others feel that it is clearer. I’m not particularly tied to the name.

As to the timing. I have started using them in my code changes but I am planning on holding off on any pull requests until something more official is in place.

Tal