Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] non-interface-related concerns
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-27 12:47:26

> Yes, I get that. Ok, now I understand why I got confused. I think the fix

> > simply did not remove all errors on my version of MinGW.
>>
>> Yes, it's a mystery. I would assume that your mingw-w64 is older than
>> mine. They may have since implemented the integer to string conversion
>> routines the compile error is complaining about recently.

Sorry, the mail got sent prematurely. I was saying:

The bug is caused by symbols `_ui64toa_s` and `_itoa_s` being used but not
declared. Do you need platform-specific things for accomplishing your task?
Are there no C++-standard ways of converting integers to string that would
work for you?

>> If you can figure out a way of detecting mingw-w64 version, I can use
>> the non-_s editions of those conversion functions. That would get you up
>> and running on your version of mingw.

Ok, I'll look for it. You mean how to tell a 64 versus non-64 version of
minGW, right?

>> It might be worth, to help you with your review, to try fixing your
>> Outcome edition and send me a pull request to try out the bug reporting.
>> You can either fix the partially preprocessed header, or dive in and fix
>> the original boost-lite source if you compile your program with
>> BOOST_OUTCOME_DISABLE_PREPROCESSED_INTERFACE_FILE.

Ok.

Regards,
&rzej;