Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] non-interface-related concerns
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-27 16:46:50

>> Ok, unstable ABI then. Right now I am not promising the ABI won't
>> change. When I do promise that the ABI is written permanently into
>> stone, you'll get your boost::outcome::v1 namespace, and per commit
>> it'll be checked for breaking changes by the abi-compliance-checker.
>>

> Will you stabilise v1 in the first official release of official
> Boost.Outcome.
> Or in other words, my expectation is that when I download the official
> Boost release I will be using `boost::outcome::v1`. Do you commit to this?

If accepted, I'd do one Boost release with the unstable ABI, and collect
in bug fixes, changes etc. If there were a lot of fixes, I'd do another
Boost release until the bug reports became minimal. Then I'd hard code
v1 ABI in stone, and it would not change again in the future.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting