Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for moving Boost to CMake
From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-17 04:11:12

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 16.06.2017 19:44, David Sankel via Boost wrote:
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > This is a request for comments on a possible path for migrating Boost's
> > build
> > system to CMake. I am not speaking for the Boost Program Committee here,
> > but I
> > plan on bringing this up with them after getting feedback.
>
> So instead of substituting a tool, I would like to invite
> you to consider a few organizational changes.
> Notably, I would like to see the long-stalled modularization process to
> be picked up again and be continued (and completed ?).

The original modularization effort called for switching to CMake, but it
was decided that switching to git would be a good first step. I do think
that my proposal is in support of that effort. I'd comment more on your
proposal for something else, but that seems out of scope for this thread.