Subject: Re: [boost] proposal - modularize Boost build system
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-18 20:45:57

On 6/18/17 1:34 PM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> Let's be realistic, this is a real problem which only some sort
> of Boost individual library versioning system for starters can hope to
> solve.

If I may be so bold as to summarize your point:

In order to distribute boost as individual libraries as opposed to a
monolithic set, individual library versioning will sooner or later have
to be adopted.

I think this is indisputable. But I don't think we have to worry about
in practice. Whatever we do, it will take sometime to get there and, if
we ever do get there, I think that adding this feature won't be a big
problem. Of course if we don't ever get there, we've got nothing
nothing to worry about.

Robert Ramey