Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Minimum viable cmakeification for Boost
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-21 11:10:22

Niall Douglas wrote:

> The ::hl suffix means "link against the header only library edition", the
> ::sl suffix means "link against the static library edition" and the ::dl
> suffix means "link against the dynamic library edition".

The one remaining question I have here is how does a library link to its
dependency. The obvious approach seems to be for filesystem::sl to link to
system::sl and for filesystem::dl to link to system::dl, right? (And a
hypothetical filesystem::hl would probably link to system::sl.)

(Exceptions where the dependency is always ::dl or always ::sl
notwithstanding. The question is about the case where it also supports both,
or all three.)