Subject: [boost] [iterator][utility] Move utility/next_prior.hpp to Iterator module?
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-29 10:44:55

Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:
>> Do you mean coupling of Boost.Iterator and Boost.Range? I think that would
>> be fine, since Boost.Range already couples with Boost.Iterator.
>> Boost.Range's `boost::distance` should call Boost.Iterator's
>> `boost::distance`.
>>

> I meant `next()` and `prior()` that are located in Utility:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/libs/utility/utility.htm

Ah ok, got it. I think it would be better to move utility/next_prior.hpp to
the Boost.Iterator module.

After the move, the Boost.Iterator module will have:
- include/boost/iterator/next_prior.hpp
  * Contains the actual code for `next` and `prior`.
    (Personally, I'd like to add `boost::prev` as a synonym of `boost::prior`.)
- include/boost/utility/next_prior.hpp
  * Just includes <boost/iterator/next_prior.hpp>.

This is how utility/declval.hpp was moved to the Boost.TypeTraits module.

Regards,
Michel