Subject: Re: [boost] Does Boost 1.64 support HP-UX?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-30 17:03:51

On 30/06/2017 07:06, 장윤진 via Boost wrote:
> I read about the platform that boost supports on the boost homepage.
> However, I do not know if it supports HP-UX.
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/libs/log/doc/html/log/installation.html#log.installation.supported_compilers
>
> Supported compilers and platforms. The library should build and work with a
> reasonably compliant compiler. The library was successfully built and
> tested on the following platforms:
>
> Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. MSVC 8.0 SP1, MSVC 9.0 and newer.
> Linux. GCC 4.5 and newer. Older versions may work too, but it was not
> tested. Linux. Intel C++ 13.1.0.146 Build 20130121. Linux. Clang 3.2.
>
> Does that mean it supports HP-UX?

As you will have seen, that's not a platform we routinely test on,
however, I see no good reason why it shouldn't work just fine.

I suggest you run the tests for the libraries you're interested in, if
that's Boost.Log, then after bootstrapping with:

./bootstrap.sh
./b2 --with-log

you can then run the log library's tests with:

./b2 libs/log/test

As per the getting started instructions (see
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#or-build-custom-binaries),
you may need to add toolset=something to the b2 command lines, maybe
also with some flags to turn on C++11 or 14 support if you wanted that,
for example:

./b2 --with-log toolset=gcc cxxflags=-std=c++11

HTH, John.

---
http://www.avg.com