Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Chunking example
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-02 17:51:39

On 07/02/2017 07:16 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Bjorn Reese via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Does Beast re-packet WebSocket frames...
>
> Yes

Under what conditions?

The reason I ask is that Beast claims to provide a low-level API, so I
would assume that users can have complete control over this.

>> or HTTP chunks?
>
> Chunk-encoding is removed from incoming messages before presentation
> to the application layer. For outgoing messages, Beast is under

Does Beast concatenate chunks before passing them to the application
layer, or does the application layer get the chunks in the same way as
they were received?

> control over how pieces are chunked. However, the Body::reader type
> has influence but not complete control (the specifications is
> intentionally vague).

Why does the user not have complete control? Under what conditions will
Beast re-packet outgoing chunks?