Subject: Re: [boost] [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-03 00:34:37

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> (note to this reply: on his request, Vinnie and I have replayed an
> offlist conversation we had back onto boost-dev in order to get
> feedback.

Thank you. The conversation was of sufficient importance to merit an
on-list discussion.

> I really think you need to tell the Boost peer review that, because
> I don't think anyone else realises that either.

Did anyone not realize that Beast's roadmap includes a standardization
proposal? If so then the documentation and my mailing list comments
have done a poor job...as Prego say's "It's in there!"

> ...if you want Beast into the C++ standard, you really ought to
> say that's your plan now as an announcement. You'll get a much more
> useful to you review

See item 5:
<http://vinniefalco.github.io/stage/beast/review/beast/design_choices/faq.html>

> WG21...see ASIO as the interim Networking v1, with a strong expectation that a
> v2 will replace it once they've done iostreams v2

I don't have the same experience and involvement with the C++
luminaries that you have, so I lack an inside track on what will
become part of C++2023 or C++2026. Meanwhile, Beast users want HTTP
solutions today so in the absence of reliable tea leaves I can only
design for what is standard (or close to it).

Thanks