Subject: Re: [boost] Encoding address-model in library names
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-05 21:44:13
> This being a Serious Change, the prudent thing to do is to wait out
> 1.65, then proceed.
> On the other hand, experience shows that this kind of change is only
> tested when a release goes out anyway; delaying it for four more months
> would not help much.
> Therefore, I'm calling for opinions; would people want this to go into
> 1.65? Into 1.66? Not at all?
I can see it may break end user's scripting, but waiting won't help that.
The only showstopper potential is if this change causes the 260 char
path limit on Windows to be exceeded. You may not think this a problem,
but think of Jenkins etc. Even a few extra chars in a filename can
produce weird hard to diagnose failures.
-- ned Productions Limited Consulting http://www.nedproductions.biz/ http://ie.linkedin.com/in/nialldouglas/