Subject: [boost] Encoding address-model in library names
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-05 21:16:25

I have prepared the pull requests necessary to encode the address-model (32
or 64) in the library names, which allows placing the 32/64 libraries into
the same stage/install directory, and building with address-model=32,64 in
one go.

These are

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/147

and

https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/159

This being a Serious Change, the prudent thing to do is to wait out 1.65,
then proceed.

On the other hand, experience shows that this kind of change is only tested
when a release goes out anyway; delaying it for four more months would not
help much.

Therefore, I'm calling for opinions; would people want this to go into 1.65?
Into 1.66? Not at all?