Subject: Re: [boost] Encoding address-model in library names
From: P F (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-07 01:27:51

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Asbjørn via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On 05.07.2017 23:30, Stefan Seefeld via Boost wrote:
>> What problem is this supposed to solve ? How frequently do users need
>> both address-models on the same deployment platform (and in the same path) ?
>
> I built executables for distribution on Windows (ie in an installer), where I provided both 32bit and 64bit versions of the program.

CPack can package binaries across different build trees, so it can easily create an installer with both 32/64 bit binaries without both binaries being in the same build. For other packaging tools, its possible as well, just more low-level as you need to manually do the install+package(although still completely automatable).