Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Formal review
From: Rob Stewart (rstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-13 12:10:34

On July 12, 2017 8:43:14 PM EDT, Vinnie Falco via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Edward Diener via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Boost has two state machine libraries. Did you look at either of

> > them for your uses ?
>
> No. The thought of introducing a dependency on a library dedicated
> only to large scale state machines never crossed my mind. Have you
> seen the state machine in question? Here's a typical example:
> <https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast/blob/ceeb354424bb00474bbf713450b1d03de102aa7c/include/beast/websocket/impl/write.ipp#L144>

Seeing that code, it appears that the there's no need for goto at all. Instead, have that function call another and then do the upcall work when the other function returns. Where you use goto, you'd just return. (I viewed the code using my phone, so I may have missed something, but it certainly looked like goto upcall was quite unnecessary.)

--
Rob
(Sent from my portable computation device.)