Subject: Re: [boost] Are there libraries without ACTIVE maintainers?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-19 23:12:18

On 07/20/17 01:48, Alexander Zaitsev via Boost wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I think it's very important question: are there libraries without ACTIVE
> maintainers?
>
> For what? Because without active maintainers we can't guarantee quality
> of the libraries.
>
> Is Boost community sure, that for all Boost libraries there are active
> maintainers? E.g. see on Boost.Property_tree - on Github repo you can
> find a lot of "dead" pull requests without any answer.

There certainly are libraries without an active maintainer. I'm not sure
if Boost.PropertyTree in particular can be considered as one since I can
see that Sebastian Redl was actively committing to it until some time ago.

> What should we do with it?

There is Community Maintenance Team (CMT) which maintains libraries
without a dedicated maintainer.

https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/CommunityMaintenance