Subject: Re: [boost] Are there libraries without ACTIVE maintainers?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-20 00:20:12

> I think it's very important question: are there libraries without ACTIVE
> maintainers?
>
> For what? Because without active maintainers we can't guarantee quality
> of the libraries.
>
> Is Boost community sure, that for all Boost libraries there are active
> maintainers? E.g. see on Boost.Property_tree - on Github repo you can
> find a lot of "dead" pull requests without any answer.

There was an internal list of "undermaintained" libraries kicking around
a few years ago where somebody had looked through the open bug count and
pull requests, and decided how stale those libraries looked e.g. pull
requests not merged nor closed in over a year, major open bugs not
closed after five years etc.

It was sixty-something libraries if I remember right. Likely more today.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting