Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Jared Grubb (jared.grubb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-20 21:35:01

+1000. I think you summed up my feelings as well.

Having the SC step in now was a good move. At some point, arguments like "tabs vs spaces" stop going anywhere because people dig in (often for good reasons, on both sides), and it's easy to stalemate -- although I think the community was moving towards cmake consensus naturally, based on the recent discussions.

This decision lets us get past the distraction of arguing what's best and move on to what really matters: How to get there.

Jared