Subject: Re: [boost] Switch to CMake -- Analysis
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-21 15:52:07

Am 21.07.2017 5:15 nachm. schrieb "Groke, Paul via Boost" <
boost_at_[hidden]>:

> [...]

+1
I like this approach very much!

Just to check if I understand correctly: When you write "CMake Module,
which invokes b2 instead of the compiler directly", do you mean a CMake
Module which would also be able to generate the Jamfile, or would all Boost
library authors/maintainers still have to manually write the Jamfile?
Because if you meant the latter, do you think that the former would be
possible?

I mean the latter. Using the existing jamfiles. I don't see value in
replacing the already existing ones with auto generated so I haven't
thought about it.