Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-21 16:30:34

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 7:25 AM, Roger Leigh via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Could I also point to this block in
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Modules/FindBoost.cmake#L554
> *We* pay the cost of this significant defect in the Boost project in the form of a high
> maintenance burden and breakage with every new Boost release.

I'm new but I am in agreement that whatever is needed to make this
work should be part of Boost not CMake, since Boost has the expertise
to produce accurate information. Placing the burden on CMake is
clearly not scalable.

I propose that the Steering Committee take a break from causing
unnecessary drama and instead focus on this one particular use-case. I
realize it is not the "Full Monte" but its something (10 year old
ticket anyone?) and I think would heal the recently caused divisions.

Thanks