Subject: Re: [boost] [OFF] Inclusive language (Was: [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10)
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-21 17:05:22

> Not kowtowing to an aggressive and misguided ideological agenda does not
> mean one should purposely offend. Your angry response, filled with swearing
> and other strong language, did not exemplify the tone desired on this list.
> Thus, your diatribe against what you considered the incursion of thought
> police censorship had rather the opposite effect from your intention.

Language control is a weapon, and I refuse to submit to this hypocritical
mad ideology.

Want respect? Be respectful! “your language is non-inclusive” is not being
respectful and **you** are mad if you think this should trigger a
respectful response.

Want “intellectual texts”? Here is a quote for you:

Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the
> most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under
> omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes
> sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us
> for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the
> approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven
> yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness
> stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured
> of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of
> those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will;
> to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.
>

>From the same author:

But do not let us be deceived by a name.

This will go on indefinitely. And yet, you only care about **virtual**
oppression (or aggression or whatever[1]). That's why you'll **never**
judge/oppose SJWs madness imposition like language control or false rape
accusations. I won't waste my time with you[2]. I already said what I
wanted to[3].

Just for the record, there are people who were positive to my comments here
and said so in private. If they are afraid of raise their voices publicly,
I shall say the self-censorship is being very effective. Want me to collect
stories of people fired because of this madness? Events cancelled because
of this madness? It's not that hard to Google it. You close your eyes
purposefully and I cannot open them for you (I described the state of the
Rust community in the very first email and you seem to ignore that... like
you want the same scenario happening here).

[1] Do not let us be deceived by a name.
[2] You'll only complain if somebody doesn't conform to the “language
rules” as you obviously didn't complain when the “non-inclusive language”
card was played. **This** is what I mean about the non existent neutrality
here.
[3] Thankfully this[4] still is an open space.
[4] Rust community is not.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/