Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-22 10:47:28

> Roger Leigh wrote:
>
> > This is what we do in the absence of proper dependency information being
> > provided by Boost, i.e. no pkg-config, cmake config or similar. We
> > hard-code *every* *single* *dependency* from 1.33 up to 1.64 at the time
> > of writing.
>
> Why didn't you ask here for us to include dependency information into the
> release?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/tools/boostdep/doc/html/ can do all
> sorts of dependency reports and I'm actively maintaining it, I've recently
> even added a cmake-specific output as I needed that to generate
> the -config files.

This is a serious question, Roger. I'm not trolling you or something.

We obviously can't roll back time so this is water under the bridge, but I'm
still interested in your answer. You can be as blunt or explicit as you
like.

Similarly, the pkg-config one. I'm genuinely interested in how pkg-config
support, if we have it, is supposed to handle multiple build variants having
been installed.

I've already solved that for the cmake -config files, but I'm not sure I see
a way for pkg-config to support it.