Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] windows service async server crashes after running for a while; though it works fine from console
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-24 04:21:46

On 23 July 2017 at 19:16, Kyoryu Kurayami via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I have an existing console async server that I converted to a windows
> service. After running for a while (about 1-2 hours), the service would
> eventually crash caused by stack overflow on different parts of the code
> (been trying different approach on the code that causes the stack overflow
> exception but to no avail as it would still crash on a different location)

 You may want to consider raising the initial stack commitment
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/35yc2tc3.aspx> for the failing
application.

There's also an article
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugging-a-stack-overflow>
addressing this issue.

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798