Subject: Re: [boost] Dependency report
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-27 11:38:56

> New and improved reports here:
>
> https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/

Looks great! It should really be run routinely along with source code
checks so that it is always actual and accessible through the website.

>> Yes please, let's move next_prior.hpp to Iterator while we're on this
>> topic. This dependency is not the end of the world by any means, but
>> it would still be a small step in the right direction.
>
> utility -> iterator is the cause of a bunch of modules forming a tight
> group at level 5:
>
> https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/develop/module-levels.html#level:5

I don't quite understand what level means.

> which consequently makes all of them have 25 dependencies each:
>
> https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/develop/module-weights.html#weight:25

I don't quite remember how we moved headers between submodules in the
past. I think it required someone with commit rights to both submodules?

In any case, I don't mind if next_prior.hpp along with its tests and
docs is moved to Boost.Iterator, just let me know what I can do.

Also, if so requested, I can revert the commit that adds the dependency
(with the loss of the optimization it adds).