Subject: Re: [boost] Dependency report
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-29 11:45:52

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Gavin Lambert wrote:
>
>> While this arrangement sort of makes sense for the purposes of cleaning a
>> dependency graph, doesn't this just proliferate the problem of header files
>> in the "wrong" directory for its library?
>

> At some point we should probably add deprecation warnings to the
> wrongly-owned headers, to enable their removal further down the line.

We can add the following to the forwarding headers _now_
so as not to forget to deprecate them ;)

    #include <boost/version.hpp>

    // This file will be removed in Boost 1.73

    #if BOOST_VERSION >= 107000
    # error "This file shouldn't be used. Please use <boost/newlib/xxxx.hpp>."
    #elif BOOST_VERSION >= 106700 \
          && !defined(BOOST_OLDLIB_I_KNOW_OLDLIB_XXXX_HPP_IS_DEPRECATED)
    # warning "This file is deprecated. Please use <boost/newlib/xxxx.hpp>."
    #endif

(#warning part should be made portable.)

Regards,
Michel