Subject: Re: [boost] Best Practices for Surviving the Boost Test Gauntlet?
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-09 21:15:34

Le 08.08.17 à 16:12, Vinnie Falco via Boost a écrit :
> Beast won the first battle, but it looks like it is losing the war:
>
> <http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/beast.html>
>
> I've never heard of many of these platforms let alone know how to go
> about fixing the compile, link, and runtime errors. It seems like
> deallocate() is not part of some standard library's allocator_traits?
> Link error on operator delete from Boost.System? A lot of little
> thing.
>
> Is there a document or resource which explains the various
> peculiarities and idiosyncrasies of these platforms and toolchains
> that I might have a means of fixing them without actually installing
> them locally (which is unlikely)?
>
> Thanks

It seems that you redeveloped a testing framework, and this is causing
some of the issues we can read there.

I do not know how important is this internal framework to you, but you
may go for another test framework and focus on the added value of your
library instead.

I am obviously biased toward boost.test :)

Best,
Raffi