Subject: Re: [boost] Best Practices for Surviving the Boost Test Gauntlet?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-09 23:13:00

> I can only support Beast on Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3 or later.

The way I handled this in AFIO v1 was to add C++ feature requirements in
Boost.Build sufficient to exclude any Visual Studio before some version X.

I also strongly recommend you add #error trapping of ancient compilers
in your config.hpp. Otherwise you'll be plagued in years to come by
users complaining about unobvious error messages when they do weird
things with some older version of your library.

I personally would even go so far as to #error out on any compiler which
is not MSVC, clang nor GCC, and versions before specific hardcoded
minimum versions.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting