Subject: Re: [boost] Best Practices for Surviving the Boost Test Gauntlet?
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-09 23:07:53

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Gavin Lambert via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Are you using the BOOST_NOEXCEPT* macros? They resolve to nothing (or in
> some cases to throw()) on older compilers.

No, because Beast requires C++11.

> In general for most compatibility issues there is a macro somewhere, either
> in Boost.Config or elsewhere.

I know, and its amazing the amount of work and dedication that some
authors go through to keep their libraries working with old compilers.
Unfortunately that level of support is not something I have resources
to maintain in Beast.

I can only support Beast on Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3 or later.

Thanks