Subject: Re: [boost] Best Practices for Surviving the Boost Test Gauntlet?
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-09 23:18:03

On 10/08/2017 11:07, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Gavin Lambert wrote:
>> Are you using the BOOST_NOEXCEPT* macros? They resolve to nothing (or in
>> some cases to throw()) on older compilers.
>
> No, because Beast requires C++11.
>
>> In general for most compatibility issues there is a macro somewhere, either
>> in Boost.Config or elsewhere.
>
> I know, and its amazing the amount of work and dedication that some
> authors go through to keep their libraries working with old compilers.
> Unfortunately that level of support is not something I have resources
> to maintain in Beast.
>
> I can only support Beast on Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3 or later.

Then it sounds like you should be putting something in the Jamfile that
tells it not to attempt to build on older compilers that you intend to
be incompatible with. (I don't know the specifics, though, but you
could perhaps look at some of the other existing C++11/14-only libraries
for inspiration.)

Also, FYI, VS 12.0 is actually Visual Studio 2013.