Subject: Re: [boost] Posts not appearing on Boost Mailman
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-13 22:35:03

On 8/12/17 11:37, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost wrote:
> Le 14.07.17 à 21:44, Michael Caisse via Boost a écrit :
>> On 7/14/17 06:25, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost wrote:
>>> Hi Boost,
>>>
>>> I have an issue with MailMan: I never use "emails" for posting on the
>>> Boost ML, I use news.gmane.org through thunderbird.
>>>
>>> I can see my posts on news.gmane.org, but I cannot see any of my posts
>>> here for instance:
>>>
>>> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2017/07/index.php
>>>
>>> Is this normal?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Raffi
>>>

>> Thank you Raffi. I've forwarded this to IT.
>
> Another example:
>
> The post I sent yesterday
> "Re: Boost 1.65.0 Release Candidate 2 - problems with boost.python"
> (message ID: <omkcpm$hhq$1_at_[hidden]>)
>
> as a reply to the post "Boost 1.65.0 Release Candidate 2" from Marshall
> Clow
>
> does not appear here:
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2017/08/index.php
>
> while it does on news.gmane.org.

You posted it to the user list:
<https://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2017/08/87793.php>

with a copy to the dev list. I'm not sure why the dev list copy didn't
make it through. We will investigate that.

Cross posting to multiple lists (as the original message was) is
discouraged and frowned on for a lot of reasons including that many mail
clients do not handle the result well.

michael

--
Michael Caisse