Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Enable move semantics for polynomials
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-13 21:55:53

On 8/13/2017 7:31 AM, Lakshay Garg via Boost wrote:
> Hello all
>
> The polynomial class in boost.math does not support move sematics. I tried
> to implement them and found that they immediately lead to significant
> improvements in performance (benchmarking using google-benchmark).
>
> I would like to get the changes merged into the main repository. I
> understand that boost accepts very high quality C++ code and since this
> will be my first time contributing to boost I am looking forward to
> assistance from other experienced contributors.
>
> Could someone please advise me on how to move forward and get the changes
> merged.

Make a Github PR ( pull request ) against the library in Github. All PRs
should be against the 'develop' branch of a library. If the PR is
merged, it will update the 'develop' branch of the library. After
appropriate testing the library's maintainer(s) will then merge the
'develop' change to the 'master' branch and the changes will then
subsequently make its way into a Boost release.