Subject: Re: [boost] VS2017 version 15.3
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-16 16:52:52

On 16/08/2017 17:29, Róbert Špir via Boost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after upgrading my installation of vs2017 to version 15.3 (released two days
> ago) I'm receiving a lot of "Unknown compiler version - please run the
> configure tests and report the results" messages during building the project
> which uses boost (but everything builds and works fine).
>
> The cl.exe version in vs2017 15.3 was changed to 19.11.25506

We know :(

There's a patch just gone into develop, actually if we're really going
to do another RC, then that might be a good candidate to include in it
if the release managers agree (purely on the grounds that it will reduce
the amount of traffic all reporting the same thing!). The actual patch
is trivial BTW:
https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/a0147b73e8bde8f4b2c19c96166353dba8fa9914.

---
http://www.avg.com