Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in thermodynamic properties of water and steam
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-28 09:49:54

> On 26. Aug 2017, at 13:10, Paul A. Bristow via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> A bit niche, but I'm sure some will find this very useful.
>
> Paul
>
> PS We did also discuss a collection of physical constants but (as these are a bit inconstant) were reluctant to confuse with math constants (that really are constantly constant). This could be the first in a collection, using Boost.Units of course, as you have done I presume.

I am all yay for science/physics and I had a look into the paper, but I don't see how the results of the paper would fit into Boost.

The formulas and constants in the paper are for thermodynamic properties of water, that's very specific. The current set of Boost libraries suggest that the scope of Boost is to be general, to provide libraries for situations that have many applications (Boost.Units is a good example, can be used everywhere, from thermodynamics to rocket science). Also, Boost seems to lean towards libraries that use some cutting edge features of C++ and make clever use of its unique capabilities (templates), so that they are also interesting from the computer scientist point of view. Also that I don't see here.

Best regards,
Hans