Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] Ready to release
From: Lorenzo Caminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-04 12:12:53

Hello Joaquin,

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 3:59 AM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> El 03/09/2017 a las 18:00, Lorenzo Caminiti via Boost escribió:
>>
>> I *finally* got around finishing Boost.Contract after the library was
>> reviewed and accepted by Boost about 5 years ago?!
>
> I wonder how this aligns with inclusion of Contract Programming in C++20,
> which seems
> to have gained definite momentum after Toronto

Even if it's not a done deal yet... I sincerely hope contracts make it in C++20!

> in the form presented at
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/p0542r0.html

This proposal only supports basic pre- and postconditions. It does not
support class invariants and old values, not to mention
subcontracting. These are all supported by Boost.Contract instead.

Therefore Boost.Contract will still be useful even if P0542R0 is
accepted in C++20 (namely, when class invariants, old values, or
subcontracting might be needed).

Thanks.
--Lorenzo