Subject: [boost] [Container] small flat set ?
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-04 15:12:44

Dear all,

boost::container::small_vector and boost::container::static_vector
are great. boost::container::flat_set is great too.

But today I need a small_flat_set! And I don't think it's
possible to compose flat_set and small_vector. (flat_set
can use a custom allocator, but it can't take a custom
implementation type in the way that, for example,
std::priority_queue can.)

Having said that, maybe composing flat_set and small_vector
(or static_vector) isn't the optimum solution for the case
where I will store something like 0...4 ints; I suspect that
linear search in an unordered sequence will be quicker. But
that gets complicated if you need iterators with the normal
behaviour.

Any thoughts?

Regards, Phil.