Subject: Re: [boost] Crypto/hashes library?
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-07 09:50:45

I think it would be reasonable to say that most people (tm) use either the
openssl or CryptoCpp libraries.

If you're using boost::asio with ssl then you may as well use openssl since
it's a dependency.

However, a uniform boost::crypto library would I think be a fantastic
addition to boost. It could be a uniform wrapper around whatever is normal
for the target (or configured at ./configure time).

It might even be the beginning of the road towards a std::crypto, which I
think is sorely needed.